Sunday, February 9, 2014

BATAC CITY...THE PLACE WHERE I BELONG!

Every single Town , Province or City has its own origin of its names...

I am happy to share with you a brief History where my Beloved hometown unique name came from...

Batac has an interesting colloquial origin of its name.

The word "Batac" in a local dialect translates as "pull". More loosely, it refers to "the people's pulling their efforts together."




According to a legend, set in pre-settlement Batac, a man fell into a deep hole while he was digging for the root crop "camangeg".

He struggled to get out but could not despite his best efforts. He cried for help but nobody was around. He waited for hours and had given up hope of being saved.

Fortunately, two men from the neighboring town of Paoay happened to pass by. They heard the man shouting and traced it to where he was trapped. Upon seeing him, they heared the man said "Bataquennac! Bataquennac!"

The two men did not understand until the man explained that he was saying, "Pull me up! Pull me up!" They did just that.

When the two men reached their hometown, they told their story to their friends. Since then, the town has been called "Batac," which is derived from the word "bataquennac".......


That's all for now folks...more about my beloved Hometown for the next succeeding Post..


The above POST is brought to you by FELINA LAGADON, who Love Sharing Ideas and Helping People SUCCEED thru the POWER of the INTERNET...

Kind Regards,

FELINA LAGADON
Your Online  Buss. Partner
www.risingyuera.com/
E-mail- felyannegalut@gmail.com

For more info:
CLICK this LINK>>>>goo.gl/8kkBy3

In order for me to give you my 100% assistance, Add Me And Send me a message in FACEBOOK about this Opportunity,  simply click the button below.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this wonderful history of your beloved hometown, Mam Felina Lagadon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its my pleasure Sir Jay ..and thank you too for reading my post..

    ReplyDelete